- Natural cellulose textile fiber constituting the seminal hairs which grow on the surface of the seeds of the cotton plant.
- Fabric that is made with these fibers.
* https: //www.larousse.fr/dictionnaires/francais/coton/19637
Cotton fiber is very popular because:
- it is an inexpensive textile fiber;
- the textile obtained is soft and comfortable;
- the softness of cotton and the possibility of sanitize make it a preferred textile for baby clothes;
- she is hypoallergenic (very little allergenic);
- cotton is very healthy for contact with mucous membranes (other fibers promote maceration and therefore the appearance of fungi);
- cotton has good air permeability: it allows skin respiration to take place;
- cotton is flexible thanks to the fact that the fibers are twisted (they can stretch 5 to 8%).
It can be subjected to various treatments:
- we can mercerize (make shiny using soda);
- he easily takes them tinctures ;
- you can easily print its surface;
It is easy to maintain:
- it is easy to wash;
- white cotton can be boiled;
- it can be ironed with a hot iron;
- we can dry clean .
* https: //fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coton#Diff%C3%A9rentes_qualit%C3%A9s